Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a filter that filters the last 24hours of results from 6AM of the current day

I have created several dashboards to measure various metrics across the week etc.

I would like to be able to only display information that relates to a specific time period each day.

I would like to display from 06:00 the previous day to 06:00 of the current day (todays example would be 01/10/2018 06:00 to 02/10/2018 06:00)

I would like the filter to automaticaly change after refresh (example if the data is refreshed and the current date is now 03rd October the date range would be 02/10/2018 06:00 to 03/10/2018 06:00)

any pointers?

I have looked thruogh for visaul addons and slicers to do it, but I am thinking it may end up having to be a DAX command to get it to do what I want.

Thanks in advance

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey.

I would create a new column on the Calendar Table.

On this column you would calculate your "mask" date (if after 6AM previous day and 6PM current day, or whatever).

Then, I would use this column for filtering.

To get always the last day, drag this column to the page filters on the right and set to "Relative" and then "Last n days".

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey.

I would create a new column on the Calendar Table.

On this column you would calculate your "mask" date (if after 6AM previous day and 6PM current day, or whatever).

Then, I would use this column for filtering.

To get always the last day, drag this column to the page filters on the right and set to "Relative" and then "Last n days".

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked Perfectly thankyou!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.