cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sedwardes

Creating a continuous date hierarchy with week number

I am trying to create a line plot with time on the x axis, and sales on the y axis. I want to the x axis unit of time to be year and week.

To do this acheive this I:

1. Created a date table
  2. Created a custom date hierachy that includes Year, and Week number (using WEEKNUM('date',1)).

The problem is that when I pull this hierachy into the the x-axis, it is categorical. When I try and switch to continous, I get an error. Is there any way this can be done?

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @sedwardes ,

How did you create this date table? Does it contain continous date? In order to properly show dates as "continuous" data, you need to be using dates from a continuous date table.

Best Regards,

Teige

Thank you for your response. I created the date table using the auto calendar function, so there should be a continous range of dates in there.

Date Table = CALENDARAUTO()

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.