Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erodriguez6393

Creating a connection between a measure and a column *Is it possible?*

I have a table that contains Department/Quality Score/Payout. Another table that contains Name/Department and Inspection Result. I created a measure to create a quality score based on the inspection results but I can only tie the two tables with the "Shop" column and not both Shop and Quality Score which is a column on the 1st table but a measure on the other. The objective would be to retreive the respective payout for that Quality Score and department.

2020-10-15_10-16-00.png2020-10-15_10-20-54.png

4 REPLIES 4
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @erodriguez6393 

Measures are calculated and is to be considered as a variable.

It cannot be tied.

Change the measure to a column.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

@pranit828 Thank oyu for the feed back, the only problem I run into is that the data is captured at the single inspection level, we calculate Quality Score as a total of all inspections but we also separate them by shop or time frame. I thought that a column would not be able to adapt based on filters? For example here you can see one associate at the accessory level but we would only want a Quality score at the shop level and for the date selected on a slicer.2020-10-15_10-34-01.png

Hi @erodriguez6393 

You need to have two columns in that case if you are looking for leveraging the relationship feature.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Im not sure I understand, what would the two columns be?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.