Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adiuser
Regular Visitor

Creating a calendar date as slicer to filter two dates from two different fact tables

I have two fact tables one on demand and the other on supply. I have a date range column say start date A and end date A in Demand Fact and just Date B in Supply fact table. Now I have a report which displays both demand and supply information and I want to enable a date slicer but I cannot use either of the date columns from facts as they will filter respective tables relevant information only. I do not have a calendar table or any other time dimension table to pull a common date slicer to act on both demand and supply. How do I achieve this? Can I have a calendar date which has all the day's dates which I can use to act as a common slicer for both demand and supply display in grid report? (or)Can I create a calendar table in power BI with columns like month , year and day ( not sure of the functions to create them though ) and use this table to join calendar.day = demand.start date A and calendar.day=demand. end date A and join calendar.day = Supply.date B , Is this a right approach? if so what function can I use to create month , year and day columns? Appreciate any inputs on the same. Thanks In Advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Adiuser,

You may use CALENDAR Function or CALENDARAUTO Function to add a calculated table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Adiuser,

You may use CALENDAR Function or CALENDARAUTO Function to add a calculated table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.