Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moniqueg
Frequent Visitor

Creating a calculated table based off two related tables

Hello,

I am struggling to figure out how to create a calculated table based off two other related tables.

I have a date table for which i would like to use the month end date as a group and a secondary table of data where i would like to count the rows that fall within the month. 

Ie:

table 1 (date table)count of received in the month (table 2)count of closed in the month (table 2)count of assigned in the month (table 2)
30/06/2022506045
31/07/2022657050
31/08/2022402030
30/09/2022205520
31/10/2022354025

The date table is linked to table two via the 'actual date' column that is joined to each received date, closed date and assigned date etc.

I know exactly how I would/could do this in SQL but DAX is ridiculous. Something so simple is seemingly impossible to me at this point...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how your datamodel looks like, but I tried to create a sample pbix file like below.

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

I hope the below can provide some ideas on how to create a solution for your datamodel.

Jihwan_Kim_1-1664957660472.png

Jihwan_Kim_0-1664957637699.png

New Table = 
ADDCOLUMNS (
    DISTINCT ( 'Calendar'[End of Month] ),
    "@Received",
        COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( Data, EOMONTH ( Data[Received], 0 ) = 'Calendar'[End of Month] )
        ),
    "@Closed",
        COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( Data, EOMONTH ( Data[Closed], 0 ) = 'Calendar'[End of Month] )
        ),
    "@Assigned",
        COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( Data, EOMONTH ( Data[Assigned], 0 ) = 'Calendar'[End of Month] )
        )
)

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how your datamodel looks like, but I tried to create a sample pbix file like below.

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

I hope the below can provide some ideas on how to create a solution for your datamodel.

Jihwan_Kim_1-1664957660472.png

Jihwan_Kim_0-1664957637699.png

New Table = 
ADDCOLUMNS (
    DISTINCT ( 'Calendar'[End of Month] ),
    "@Received",
        COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( Data, EOMONTH ( Data[Received], 0 ) = 'Calendar'[End of Month] )
        ),
    "@Closed",
        COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( Data, EOMONTH ( Data[Closed], 0 ) = 'Calendar'[End of Month] )
        ),
    "@Assigned",
        COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( Data, EOMONTH ( Data[Assigned], 0 ) = 'Calendar'[End of Month] )
        )
)

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@moniqueg , You need a date table, Active/inactive joined and userelationship

refer this approch

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.