Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kimchizal
Helper II
Helper II

Creating a basic 100% stacked bar chart

I thought it would be easy, but I'm having some trouble creating a 100% stacked bar chart.

My simplified dataset is at a granularity like the following. It represents a response's score for a question:

Question Name | Score

question1                 3

question1                 2

question2                 1

question2                 2

question2                 3

question2                 4

Where the range of score is 1-4.  I was hoping to make this 100% stacked bar chart organized by question, and shows the count of responses per given score. So in my sample data set, question2's bar chart would show 4 bars each at 25% since there are 4 responses, all with a different score. And Question1 would be a split of 50% to Score=3 and 50% to score=2

I've put the Question field in the Axis, and score as the legend, but the legend is showing a distinct legend for each single record in the table like this:

powerbi.PNG

It's also not grouping all the same scores together. The question that has the 33% splits has all scores of 2, so it should be just 100% of 1 color/score.

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kimchizal,

According to your snapshot, your graph seems summarize on 'count' mode, please double check your table structure to confirm score column is configured as numeric type.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Yep, the value is 'Count of Score' and I've confirmed that it's a numeric data type, specifically whole number.

Any other ideas as to what's going on?

Please attach a picture of the right hand side of the report when the 100% stacked bar chart is selected. We need to see the fields.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

What have you got in the 'Value' section? It should be Count of Score.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.