Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rawanmashaal
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a Slicer that displays the results in a separate page

Hi All.

So i have an excel file that contains a table of information (title,Domain,...).What i would like to do is create a mulitselect slicer for the titles and each time i choose an option from this list i want to display the information associated with it in a seperate page.( for each option selected i want a seperate page)

I have created a sync slicer but the problem is that if i choose more than one title all information related to those options are displayed in one page.

At the end i would like to export the reults to a power point file so i dont want a page with empty valuse.

Is there a way to do that in power bi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

Power BI won't create a new page for each selection. You could see a selection in a Drill Through Report, but that is a one at a time deal.

Excel won't do this exactly, but you can create results for each possible outcome on a separate page.

1. Put the field you want to cause your separate tabs on in the filter section of the Excel pivot table
  2. go to the "Pivot Table Analyze" tab of the ribbon (Office 365, earlier versions might just say Pivot Table).
  3. Select the dropdown in Options on the far left of that ribbon
  4. Select "SHow Report Filter Pages."

Note: You cannot do this if you loaded your data to the Excel Data Model. That isn't supported unfortunately. You have to use the classic Pivot Tables for that, so uncheck the "Load to data model" when creating the pivot table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

Power BI won't create a new page for each selection. You could see a selection in a Drill Through Report, but that is a one at a time deal.

Excel won't do this exactly, but you can create results for each possible outcome on a separate page.

1. Put the field you want to cause your separate tabs on in the filter section of the Excel pivot table
  2. go to the "Pivot Table Analyze" tab of the ribbon (Office 365, earlier versions might just say Pivot Table).
  3. Select the dropdown in Options on the far left of that ribbon
  4. Select "SHow Report Filter Pages."

Note: You cannot do this if you loaded your data to the Excel Data Model. That isn't supported unfortunately. You have to use the classic Pivot Tables for that, so uncheck the "Load to data model" when creating the pivot table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.