Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

M4R10
Frequent Visitor

Creating a Shelving view

Dear Community,

I'm trying to create a supermarket shelving view on Power BI desktop.

My data include: Store, Category, Date of the shelving "capture", Item information (EAN, description, manufacturer, brand, segment, Width and height), Location of the item at the shelving (Shelf, Module, Position), etc.

Using an horizontal stacked bar chart, I was able to create a view of the shelf, showing the shelves, and the order of the items with their width (see the image in the below link, where ANCHO = WIDTH, BANDEJA = SHELF and MOD-POS refers to a mix between the MODULE and POSITION).

http://subefotos.com/ver/?ff8afbf477b37707bc832ac33bec87a0o.jpg

Also, using "edit interactions" I can highlight all items that belong to a same manufacturer or brand (cool!!)

The problem is I need to assign a same colour to each item, and not to each position (as I have it now).
Also, an important improvement would be to be able to assign a same color to the items that belong to a same manufacturer, brand or segment.

I know this colour view is possible to be built on Qlik, if anyone knows or have had a similar experience trying to create a shelving view on Power BI, I'll be very grateful of their comments.

Regards!

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @M4R10,

Have you tried the synoptic panel custom visual as suggested by MattAllington above? Does it work in your scenario? If you still have question on this issue, feel free to ask.Smiley Happy

Regards

hi @v-ljerr-msft

I have already checked it out, but that specific custom visual helps to create an unique store layout or shelving.
And what I'm trying to do is create different shelving layouts (different number of shelves, different products and position, etc.) and update them on a weekly basis, due the inout data changes weekly (data received from supermarkets stores weekly)

regards,

Mario

M4R10
Frequent Visitor

Dear,

I still haven't found a solution for my problem

In case someone would like to take a look, please see the following link:
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYzI4MzMyYmYtNmJjZS00OGZkLWI5YTAtNDQwOTAxNWRhODQ1IiwidCI6IjdjN...

In this report, I managed to graph the shelf, but I still have the problem that I can not assign a same color for each item or manufacturer (the color is assigned to each position)

regards,

Mario

Maybe you could use synoptic panel

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/PBI_CV_815282F9_27F5_4950_9430_E910E0A8DB6A

I guess you could take a photo of the shelf with office lens and load that into synoptic panel. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.