Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIUWO
Helper III
Helper III

Creating a PowerBI with Data from another PowerBI?

Hi, 

I am creating a report for my company. 

There is a central team that has created a PowerBI report, and he has the raw data for the report. 

He then created security so people from specific countries can access only their countries data. 

I need to use this data to create a report, however, he cannot share the raw data. 

Should I just use "Analyze in Excel" as the Power BI for my report or is there a better way to get the data that has security? 

I would like to automate the refreshing as well, not sure if Analyze in Excel has the ability to automatically refresh the data from the other report. 

Thank you, 

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PBIUWO 

As is suggested by @DataInsights , you can establish a live connection to a shared dataset in the Power BI service, and create many different reports from the same dataset. For further information, please refer to the following document.

Connect to datasets in the Power BI service from Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@PBIUWO,

If the central team can publish their report to the Power BI service, you can create your report based on the dataset of the published report. See connector below:

DataInsights_0-1606953180135.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@DataInsights 

Right, but the problem is that I have other sources of data and it will not work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.