Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a Pie Chart comparing amount spent vs Amount left

Hey guys I am completely blanking out on how to set up this simple pie chart. Basically I have 2 accounts, and I want 2 separate Pie charts for each account that shows the total amount spent vs the amount left in the budget. Where the whole graph represents the full budget. I have all these measures I created for other visuals that give me that information, but I am not sure how to make it work with the pie chart. Here are some pictures to help visualize what I am trying to do.

E6.jpgE7.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again!

Thx for the reply. Its easy to see data!

You need to make a option:

1 - Create a Column to bring the difference between Total Budget and Spend, that way you will get Two Facts Columns: One with the spend amount (I belive that is the AMOUNT column in the first pic) and another with the calc maked above.

Put the two columns in your pie chart and the magic goes on.

2 - Create a new table (virtual or not) with the summarize of the same two columns: Amount and (Total Budget-Amount), and put this tabel inside a SUMX measure.

See the sample in the follow link: https://rebrand.ly/n6o0o8

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can you inform with column in your model that separates the amount spend and the bugdet?

With this we can create a simple Calculate measure to make your pie chart possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Under that experimental budget tab this is what the data looks like. It is very simple. I have a measure that adds them all up because I don't care about budget group for this visual.  In a separate table I have the amount spent. Every month a new file gets added to the folder that contains more data. I have a measure that sums the amount. And a separate measure that subtracts the total budget with amount spent. You can see all of them that I did in the original post. but here are the SS's

E8.JPGE9.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again!

Thx for the reply. Its easy to see data!

You need to make a option:

1 - Create a Column to bring the difference between Total Budget and Spend, that way you will get Two Facts Columns: One with the spend amount (I belive that is the AMOUNT column in the first pic) and another with the calc maked above.

2 - Create a new table (virtual or not) with the summarize of the same two columns: Amount and (Total Budget-Amount), and put this tabel inside a SUMX measure.

See the sample in the follow link: https://rebrand.ly/n6o0o8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel I may have jumped the gun on this post. I figured it out. I just had to create a column with a relationship between the budget and the amount spent. Worked out well. Here is a SS with how I made it look.

E10.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.