Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PeteDASHBRS
Regular Visitor

Creating a Filter based on multiple relationships

Hi All,

Could someone please help me to create multiple filters that will display data for two tables based on different relationships?

For example with the below tables:

Table 1                                 Table 2
- Task                                  - Task
- Date                                  - Date
- Action                               - Action
- Many more columns        - Many more columns

I can only manage to link one relationship at a time, since they can only be many to many. I can create a relationship between task to task, but not with date and action at the same time. So when I filter, by task, it will display data on both tables related to that task. But when I filter on date, it only changes the view on Table 1. Is there a way I can create a relationship with Table1[Task] & Table2[Task], Table1[Date] & Table2[Date] that are both active and can have two visual filters?

2 REPLIES 2
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @PeteDASHBRS 

Is Task a unique identifier in one or both tables?

What do you mean by two visual filters, can you explain, please?

You can have only one active relationship between two tables however, you can create a date dimension/calendar table and task dimension that have active relationships with both tables and use this to filter both tables.

Please see the example in the attached file.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

Hi Mariusz,

I'm trying to get three filters to work at the same time.  As per above (sorry it was wierd uploading the pictures), theres three relationships between two tables [AIF] & [Failed Data]. Contract, Date Actioned, Action. Example of records is the same in both tables. Only by filtering by contract both visuals update. When filtering by date actioned, it only updates the visual that it corresponds to.

Each order can occur in multiple days.

Hope that clears it up

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.