Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a DAX that will give me a range of dates

Greetings,

1# I am looking to create a formula that will take the date selected by the user and go back 30 days and go forward 30 days and pull the results within that 60-day time frame. I need it only to affect that one visual and none of the others.

2# Also, I am trying to remove the date filter and slicer affecting a visual. I have tried format>edit interactions>none (on the visual itself). However, when I go back to the home tab and click on the filter icon the dates are still affecting the visual. What I am trying to do its remove the date affecting that visual.

Capture.PNG

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the dynamic date range try this 

60 day range = 

var maxdate = max(table with date[date]

return 

if(datediff(calendar[date],maxdate , day) in generateseries(-30, 30, 1), 1, 0) 

then use this measure in your date filter lane and select 1 and it will work. 

let me know if that make sense 

Anonymous
Not applicable

For answer #2 when you are in edit mode you have to select each visual on your dashboard and then turn off interactions with the visual you don't want to change. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you state specifically where edit mode is? I am thinking under transform data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i can even do a quick teams call with you and walk you through it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let schedule.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know times and we can try to connect tomorrow 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am off this Thursday and Friday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what you mean by edit mode. where is edit mode?

Anonymous
Not applicable

when you select a visual and then format in the menu bar then select edit interactions 

Dnerada_0-1595856112452.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, 

I did that however it is still there. I do not understand. I posted the picture of it at the beginning of this thread. 

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Create a date table which doesn't have a relationship with your tables.

Then add the date from this date table into a slicer,

Create measures

selected date = SELECTEDVALUE(date1[Date])

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table 2'[value]),FILTER('Table 2',ABS(DATEDIFF([selected date],[Date],DAY))<=30))

Capture9.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

I made a different date table and the slicer. This is the error I am getting

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you send me a copy of the PBIX file and then i can do a quick fix, i can make sure the table is connected correctly and then add the measure 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish i could but it has company information.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear are you looking for

Rolling 30 day = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX(Sales[Sales Date]),-30,Day))

Rolling 3 till last month = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH(dateadd(Sales[Sales Date],-1,month)),-3,MONTH))
Rolling 3 till last 2 month = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH(dateadd(Sales[Sales Date],-2,month)),-3,MONTH))
Rolling 3 till last 1 month = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH(dateadd(Sales[Sales Date],-1,month)),-3,MONTH))
Rolling 3 till last 3 month = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH(dateadd(Sales[Sales Date],-3,month)),-3,MONTH))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :
https://radacad.com/creating-calendar-table-in-power-bi-using-dax-functions
https://www.archerpoint.com/blog/Posts/creating-date-table-power-bi
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

See if my webinar on Time Intelligence can help: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/PowerBI-Time-Intelligence-Calendar-WTD-YTD-LYTD-Week-Over-Week/m-p/1051626#M184

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.