Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CA8172
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a Column AND then creating a diff table with different values

I am not sure if this is an option, but I have tried many things but it is not working the way I want, so I'm here asking for help to see if this is an option, and if so, how do I complete this request.

I have a table that has several different fields including: Market, Date, and Period.  Below is an example of the data:

ss.png

This table will continue thousands of data, since we have information for each day, each market for several periods.

What I have created is a matrix that highlights the days that need to be reviewed (normally due to a drop in volume) with an IF formula ....  Researched = IF ( ALL_CYCLE [CHANGE] <0, 5, IF (ALL_CYCLE [CHANGE] = 0, 0, IF ( ALL_CYCLE [CHANGE] >0, 10, 0)))ss01.png

What I am looking for is creating another column named "Research" for those Market-Days-Periods that were researched, so we can change the matrix color from teal to yellow.  I know I can do this through conditional formating, however I don't know how to use a new table or merged duplicate table to update those accordingly.

I have created a column with "Research" and made them all '0'.  Then used the Append Query as New and duplicated the original query.  I filtered out a few Market-Day-Periods and used Replace Values to '20' so I could use conditional formating to change that.  However I am unable to update the above "IF Formula" to include IF ( Updated_ALL_CYCLE [Research] = 20, 20) since it won't pick up the second query within the formula.

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @CA8172

first, the column that added by DAX in modeling couldn't be used in Edit Queries, 

Could please share your simple sample pbix file or some data sample and expected output. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.