Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

B_Albuquerque
Frequent Visitor

Creating a Chart Ignoring Year

I need to create a chart that show me the cumulative count of the leads in the database. That part is easy, as show in this image:

What I got

The problem is that for better visualization I got a request to ignore the years in the Date of the lead, so I made a custom MMDD date and It worked... Not that well. The graph is too wide and is useless:

What I "need"

As you can see the data are in a very awkward formatting and the graph needs to scroll all the time, unlike the first one. There is any way to do what I want?

How can I do a better graph to attend the specifications that my boss gave to me?

4 REPLIES 4
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @B_Albuquerque

Did you try to create quarter of the year or only month/year instead of month/day ?

Sometimes I struggle like you but I always find what I want by trying different type of dates

- Quentin

>Did you try to create quarter of the year or only month/year instead of month/day ?

No, because I can only show these data in a day by day basis. The greatest problem is to make the chart to meet my boss expectations.

@B_Albuquerque

What does he expect ? Something like in the first pictures but with day by day values ? 

If you have month you can calculated quarter. (Q1 = 3 first; Q2 4-6; Q3 7-9 ; Q4 10-12)

- Quentin

I do like to have a chart like the bottom one, but with real dates (or at least formatted right) and not THAT wide.

Sorry if this isn't possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.