Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a Calculated table with the values of another table

Hello All,

I'm looking to create a new table in my power BI data model whereby the values in a column from the first table become the columns of the other table (like a pivot table), however, I want to use the second table as a table in the model not the matrix visual in the report. what I want to accomplish is effectively below. I want to create measures based on Table 2.

Table 1

TicketTask

Complete Date

Ticket1Task1

May1

Ticket1Task2

May2

Ticket1Task3

May3

Ticket2Task1

may2

Table 2

TicketTask1Task2Task3
Ticket1May1May2May3
Ticket2May2  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, I actually found my solution here:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculated-table-with-columns-based-on-the-values-from-anot...

Pivoting one of the columns with a max date as the aggregate value is what I was looking for.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , not very clear, see if concatenatex can help

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/concatenatex-function-dax

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, I actually found my solution here:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculated-table-with-columns-based-on-the-values-from-anot...

Pivoting one of the columns with a max date as the aggregate value is what I was looking for.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Well done on finding the solution.

You should mark your own answer as the solution to this. This will ensure that others are directed straight to the post with the answer in it, not to a reply that contains no useful information.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

hi @Anonymous 

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, 😁 please accept my reply as answer, that way, other community members would easily find the solution when they get same issues.  

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

In Power Query you can create a "reference" copy of your Table 1, and then unpovit the reference copy...which will give you a table like table 2 that will appear in your data model and that you can use just like any other table.... it will be updated everytime you refresh your data sources.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!