Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DuncanMelville
Regular Visitor

Creating a 24 month rolling forecast using prior 12 months actuals plus annual inflation

I am fairly new to PowerBI and need some direction on the best way to create a 24 month rolling forecast. I want to show the results of the calculated 24 months rolling forecast in one visualisation, and am unsure of the way to proceed.

In the Query Editor, I created two custom date columns to add 1 and 2 years to the actual transaction date.

In the Data View, I created two measures to calculate the year1 and year2 forecasts using the annual inflation from a separate table.

I now want to show the year 1 and year 2 calculated forecast in one visualisation and on one timeline. I don't want to have two separate visualisations. 

Should I create a calculated forecast table and push the year1 and year2 calculations into it? I would then be able to have one visualisation for the data.

I appreciate any advise on this.

Thanks, Duncan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Stachu. I found another way round this, but will need to come back to it in a while

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

you don't need the additional columns for the additional years - just additional rows in your calendar table (see how to create one here: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/)

then you expose your forecast and sales using the measures and you should be able to do so in one visual, as they will all share the time axis

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Thanks, Stachu. I found another way round this, but will need to come back to it in a while

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.