cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usman2338 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Creating Top N chart for columns in a table based on a measure calculated from 2 other measures

Problem.png

Problem 11.png

problem 111.png

I have a measure1 calculated in a table from 3 columns and then another measure2 calculated from same columns (ExcludingTechnician column) but on national level. A Technician can work on different worktypes and select different SOR Codes any number of times for a particular type of Task. Finally i have measure3 which is difference of the 2 measures.

Now i'm creating a chart which shows TOP N for a column within the table depending on measure3.

For the TOP 5 technicians  it comes out correctly as shown in 2nd screenshot. However, For TOP N WorkType or SOR, all the entries get listed on the X-axis with 0 values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Creating Top N chart for columns in a table based on a measure calculated from 2 other measures

Hi @usman2338,

Are these fields circled in bule original columns or calculated columns/measures?

1.PNG

Please share necessary source data in data view and formulas you used so that I can test on my side.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
usman2338 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Creating Top N chart for columns in a table based on a measure calculated from 2 other measures

Hi Yuliana,

Yes the blue circled are also measures which i have created. I'm pasting the link for the sample PBIX file containing the data and measures/formulas used. I have changed the column names.

I need to create charts for the TOP N ContactName,WorkType,Subcode based on variance and in the current table context/filters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65ioi94ewzwv9oo/Sample%20PBIX.pbix?dl=0

Please advise if you need more detials. thanks