Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

usman2338
Frequent Visitor

Creating Top N chart for columns in a table based on a measure calculated from 2 other measures

Problem.png

Problem 11.png

problem 111.png

I have a measure1 calculated in a table from 3 columns and then another measure2 calculated from same columns (ExcludingTechnician column) but on national level. A Technician can work on different worktypes and select different SOR Codes any number of times for a particular type of Task. Finally i have measure3 which is difference of the 2 measures.

Now i'm creating a chart which shows TOP N for a column within the table depending on measure3.

For the TOP 5 technicians  it comes out correctly as shown in 2nd screenshot. However, For TOP N WorkType or SOR, all the entries get listed on the X-axis with 0 values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @usman2338,

Are these fields circled in bule original columns or calculated columns/measures?

1.PNG

Please share necessary source data in data view and formulas you used so that I can test on my side.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Yes the blue circled are also measures which i have created. I'm pasting the link for the sample PBIX file containing the data and measures/formulas used. I have changed the column names.

I need to create charts for the TOP N ContactName,WorkType,Subcode based on variance and in the current table context/filters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65ioi94ewzwv9oo/Sample%20PBIX.pbix?dl=0

Please advise if you need more detials. thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.