Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Template for AzureDevOps connector

Hello All,

I am practicing to create a template using AzureDevOps connector. 

If you have noticed When you select AzureDevOps connector as your data source it shows below prompt. 

22222.JPG

After adding correct values, it goes to next screen and pulls the data upon providing Devops account credentials. 

My Question is: 

I dont see any option to parameterized this connector. 

How do I parameterized above prompt so that when other team opens a template file, they will be asked to put Organization name and Team Project name and then credentials on next screen?

Your help is appriciated. Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I think it is possible to parameterize those values, however it won't do you any good I am afraid. To parameterize, go to the Power Query Editor, click on "Manage Parameters" and add two text parameters for Organisation and for Project. Then, in the advanced editor, you see this line:

= VSTS.AnalyticsViews("orgName", "MyFirstProject", [])

Now, you can replace "orgName" with the parameter name you just created for Organisation and "MyFirstProject" with the parameter name you just created for Project, like this (in my case, the params are called Org and Project):

image.png

However, notice the tablenames that I imported in this example. These are unique to your organisation and project. Even if you change the project name alone, your query would fail as the extracted table simply doesn't exist. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 😞

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I think it is possible to parameterize those values, however it won't do you any good I am afraid. To parameterize, go to the Power Query Editor, click on "Manage Parameters" and add two text parameters for Organisation and for Project. Then, in the advanced editor, you see this line:

= VSTS.AnalyticsViews("orgName", "MyFirstProject", [])

Now, you can replace "orgName" with the parameter name you just created for Organisation and "MyFirstProject" with the parameter name you just created for Project, like this (in my case, the params are called Org and Project):

image.png

However, notice the tablenames that I imported in this example. These are unique to your organisation and project. Even if you change the project name alone, your query would fail as the extracted table simply doesn't exist. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 😞

Kind regards

Djerro123

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JarroVGITThanks for your reply.

I was familiar with usage of parameters but could not find that dropdown to choose parameter on UI as shown below: 

ssssssssss.JPG

but looks like it will work if I put parametes name in M code itself. 

If that works then I might have a solution for the problem you mentioned. Have a look below and let me know if it makes sense. 

so we parameterized the 2 variables right. and now if you know which query name and which folder you are importing from then it will be easier for it to understand. 

something shown as below. 

let
Source = VSTS.AnalyticsViews(OrganizationName, TeamProject, []),
#"AllWorkItems" = #"Source"{[Name="AllWorkItems",Kind="Table"]}[Data], 

so here OrganizationName, TeamProject are parameters.

I am putting Source as query Name I want instead of Id. 

As long as name for this query we are pulilng is same name it will work based on its name instead of Id (because Id will be different as you mentioned.)

Thanks. 

That might, I haven't tried that but if it works that is great 🙂 Don't forget to mark my post as the solution for your Parameter question though 🙂

Kind regards

Djerro123

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.