Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

njdeering
Frequent Visitor

Creating TTM chart with M language

How would I create a TMM chart using power query M language? I know you can do this with DAX, but then it doesn't allow me to see the values created. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@njdeering,

You may create calculated tables within DAX.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-2-6-create-calculated-tables/

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

wondering what your query is about.

Actually you can't create any chart using M. You use M to transform data from your source systems / files, creating tables with new rows / columns.

These tables are passed to the Power BI data model, from here you start your data visualization journey.

If you can provide more information about the structure of your source data, than it will be much more easy to recommend how to solve your issues and provide information how to create missing data and / or transform existing data.

Regards

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Right, I understand that. I mean I'm trying to get the right values to put into a TTM type chart. I have 2 years of daily values. 

I know it's probably easier to do in DAX, but I can't really see or access the calculated values if I do that. I'm going to be applying more things to that data after it's created so I wanted to create an actual column in the table I have.

@njdeering,

You may create calculated tables within DAX.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-2-6-create-calculated-tables/

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.