Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

efinitibi
Regular Visitor

Creating Mutiple Table Visualisations - using different relationships

I have the following sources/relationships in PowerBI :

1.PNG

I have create a page in Power BI Desktop that has three Slicers - so the user can select

- Year (from Calendar Dimensions table),

- Month Name (from Calendar Dimensions table)

- Company from the Partners table.

2.PNG

Then there are three table visualisations and i want them to show:

Visualisation1 : a list of partners from the selected company with a dob in the selected year and selected month

Visualisation2 : a list of partners from the selected company with a date join in the selected year and selected month

Visualisation3 : a list of partners from the selected company with a date leave in the selected year and selected month

Currently, as you can see from the screenshot when i select a Year, Month and company:

Visulaisation1 is correct because power bi uses the default relationship between two source tables (between calender.Date & Partners.DateOfBirth).

Visualisation2 and Visualisation3 are incorrect, they show the same records as Visualisation1 - not what i want them to show.

Please could i have some guidance on how i can achieve this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @efinitibi,

>>a list of partners from the selected company with a dob in the selected year and selected month. a list of partners from the selected company with a date join in the selected year and selected month

You create two slicers, one inlucidng year and another one including selected month. And create interactions between slicers and Tables by click Edit interactions under formut on home page. 

>>a list of partners from the selected company with a date leave in the selected year and selected month

You can create a another new table including the  selected year and selected month. Create a slicer including new table year and month. Use filter to get the values leave  in the selected year and selected month.

>> as the visualisations always use the default relations between the two tables, and so in tables 2 and 3, i see partners who have a dob matching the selected year and month 

Houw many table in your resource table? Partners table, Date Dimensions table, Table2 and Table3? I am confused.

According to your given information, I am unable to reproduce your scenario. Could you please share your resource table or .pbix file for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Hope my question is clearer now?

Thanks

Hi @efinitibi,

Yeah, I am unable to reproduce your scenario according to your information.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.