Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Measures on data from a Sharepoint List

Hi all,

I have a dashboard built on an excel sheet and it works fine.

There are many measures created on it and as expected they work

For Example: 

Month =
FORMAT(Sheet1[Start time], "MMMM")

I have now created a Form that connects to Sharepoint via Flow.
So all my data is now held on the Sharepoint List.

I am now in the process of recreating the dashboard with the new connection - I opted for recreating it, for more experience but also because Sharepoint has abbreviated/changed some of the names of the columns.

When attempting to use the above formula to recreate the measure I am met with the following error message:

'A single value for column 'DateofAssessment' in table 'Customer Satisfaction Responses' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula referes to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count or sum to get a single result'

How can I get round this?
The data is the same data, and also has the same formatting.

The only difference is that one is Excel --> Power BI and the other is Forms --> Flow --> Sharepoint --> Power BI

I am totally stumped and have no idea how to fix this.

If you need examples, please let me know.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Looks like you have created a measure instead of a calculated column. If you use the same exact code, but as a calculated column, you shouldn't have an issue. The problem is that measures are calculated over the entire data set unless otherwise given a filter context. So the error message in that case is accurate.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Looks like you have created a measure instead of a calculated column. If you use the same exact code, but as a calculated column, you shouldn't have an issue. The problem is that measures are calculated over the entire data set unless otherwise given a filter context. So the error message in that case is accurate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this!

It worked as a column - but now I am wondering why it worked as a measure before, yet it wont now?

That's a side note

I'm just glad that doing it as a column is now working!

Thanks for your help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.