Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ydundar
Frequent Visitor

Creating Line chart with based on month provide and sales

Hi,

I want to create a line chart which display providers in Y axis, month in X axis and sales as line in a chart. Lines goes up and down depends on sales amount by months and providers. Is there any power bi chart that I can use like this. Appreciate for any help. Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm sorry but you can't do that. Power Bi will draw with X and Y axis dots. The providers in the picture are not dots, that doesn't make any sense. Does the other way I suggest is ok? (having X axis as months and values as sales, then provider as legend or in a slicer visualization)

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, please consider sending an image in paint of your idea because it doesn't make sense. If you have Y axis (values) and X axis defined, then you can't add another value for line because you have your dot where it's going to draw the visualization (X and Y point).

What you can do is creating a line chart with months as X axis, Sales as values (Y axis) and add the providers as legend so it will create a line for each provider. If there are too many providers add a slicer to check values.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

This is what was asked me to do. IMG_7071.JPG

I'm sorry but you can't do that. Power Bi will draw with X and Y axis dots. The providers in the picture are not dots, that doesn't make any sense. Does the other way I suggest is ok? (having X axis as months and values as sales, then provider as legend or in a slicer visualization)

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.