Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CPaceFOTL
Frequent Visitor

Creating Groups Hangs

I have a PBIX file that is pulling data from Salesforce objects (little under 400K records) that I am trying to create Groups on one of the fields.  I right clicked the field, selected New Group and defined my groups.  I have done this in the past with no problems; however, starting yesterday, after getting the groups defined and click OK to define the groups Power BI Desktop just hangs (get the "working on it" screen) and never comes back.  Looking at task manager, Power BI is getting very little to no CPU.

I applied some Windows updates yesterday and had not rebooted, yet so was thinking maybe.  Rebooted everything this morning and the first group that I was trying to defind yesterday worked great in about 2 seconds.  Now I'm trying to create a second group, same field with different grouping, and I'm back to hanging......even after a full reboot.

As anyone seen this before or can offer some help?  I have done some searching, but have not fond anything.

Thanks,

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CPaceFOTL
Frequent Visitor

All,

I think I have figured it out.  I was adding single data points so that I could use the Other Checkbox option and did not want some data points to be automatically placed in "Other", but I did not want to group with other datapoints.  I was also trying to "relabel" some of these data points without changing to backend data, duplicating a column with a different header, etc.  After grouped all the items I wanted in Other by my own group name of other, leaving the single items to stay the way they were, it is working without issues.

@blindeye and @Anonymous, I am note sure if this is why you are also facing this issue, but so far everything is good as long as each group as at least two items.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.