Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Emails

I have this statement and it works but I'm wondering if I can build on it to create a custom email when it opens the link.  I know you can do this in Excel, Word but I'm not sure if you can build out the statement to do more than just open an email.

CONCATENATE("mailto:", 'Agent Data'[EmailAddress])
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry I haven't found a better way in Power BI side so far, maybe you can try to create an email message template in your mailbox.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

you are ccompletely correct

create a column witj text like mailto:joe@contoso.com

then set conditional formatting parameter Web URL to any column and it will ask you to open mail client

Снимок.PNG

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have pointed at the column where the emails already exist and it's working perfectly to create an email to that address.  

The question I have is, can I somehow get it to not just open the email but to open a template/form email that I can then just hit send on rather than writing the email every time.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous ,

I‘m afraid that Power BI does not have this feature yet. What information the template/form mail include?

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just looking to add on a "Thank you for your business" to the string.

I'll explore another solution unless you have another thought.

Thank you.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry I haven't found a better way in Power BI side so far, maybe you can try to create an email message template in your mailbox.

Best Regards

Rena

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.