Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pflipper

Creating Date scrolling within Power BU

Hi all,

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I am not seeing the capabilitiy in Power BI of setting a date filter that I can scroll through.  I want to be able to navigate through my chart by clicking an up or down button to navigate through a 12-month period of data.  For example, if I have 36 months of data, with a 12 month view, I want to be able to navigate through this filter using an up or down control button, so that when I am on June, I can click up to start at July, or down to start at May.

Thanks for any input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can only filter DateTime in your report using the filter as described in the previos posts. We do have a proper Time Slicing capability pretty high in our backlog. You can also check and leave your additional votes and comments in related feature request below.

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/7865136-timeline-slicer-for-date-mont...

Thanks,

Alex.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

if you drag a DateTime field into a filter area, you should then be able to use the calendar control to make your selection.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for you input Andre.

Instead of a calendar widget, which IMHO is better as a specific date selector, I was hoping for something more along the lines of this:

Date Navigation.jpg

This is an example of something created in Excel, but could as well have been easily created in Access.  Instead of a widget to select a specific date, there is a control to allow for selection for month or year, as well as a way for easy navigation through a month using a control to move the date back or forward.

In order for me to transition clients to utilize their underlying data in a more user friendly manner (using Power BI, perhaps), I was hoping that Power BI would provide something along these lines, or something similar (like a bar below that chart that would allow the user to move along a timeline).

Are you, or is anyone else reading this, aware of something like this in the current version of Power BI?  Or a way to create this?

Thanks for any additional input!

You can only filter DateTime in your report using the filter as described in the previos posts. We do have a proper Time Slicing capability pretty high in our backlog. You can also check and leave your additional votes and comments in related feature request below.

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/7865136-timeline-slicer-for-date-mont...

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for the reply and clarification.  When you say high, does that mean priority-high?  Meaning, a time slicer is going to be looked at sooner than other requests?

I will vote for it, too - thanks for the link!

I meant priority high... There are a still few other time related scenarios that we need to enable prior to this but we hope to work on this soon.

Thanks,

Alex.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.