cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

Re: Creating Colored Indicators

hi @Greg_Deckler see in this link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0XwYvmbIN12REpUVXRGbG1ickU/view?usp=sharing

You can find the historic status column in the history compare table. History compare>historic status (that contains the image url)

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

@Greg_Deckler if you could suggest a way to create a calculated column containting the historic status value for the projects for the latest date, it will be great. In short, historic status for the latest datest also happens to be the current status for the projects. So, creating a calculated column named current status is the objective. So, whatever are other dates or values in the history compare table, the current status column will contain only the latest historic status for all the projects. Once that is achieved, i will covert the data category of the current status column to image url to show the image indicators. Hope its clear. Thanks. 

Super User IV
Super User IV

This is what I am seeing in the HistoryCompare table. There is nothing called Historic Status. There is ProjectHealth. Also, I do not see an image URL. What am I missing?

historycompare.png

---------------------------------------

Not the Power BI thought police...

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

hi @Greg_Deckler check in this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0XwYvmbIN12Uzc1Y2pub1hlTjg/view?usp=sharing

this file contains the historic status column in the history compare table. If you could suggest a way to find a solution regarding the last requirement I posted, it will be amazing. I have already bothered you a lot. Looking forward to the desired solution which I believe is not far. Thanks

Super User IV
Super User IV

These three measures seem to work and you put the last measure into a Table visualization along with Project[Name].

HistoryCompareLastDate = MAX(HistoryCompare[HistoryDate])

HistoryCompareLastStatusMeasure = TOPN(1,VALUES(HistoryCompare[Historic Status]))

HistoryCompareFinalLastStatus = MAXX(SUMMARIZE(Project,Project[Name],"Last Date",[HistoryCompareLastDate],"Status",[HistoryCompareLastStatusMeasure]),[Status])

Now, here is almost your real problem. You can't flag a measure as an Image URL. Therefore, create the last Measure instead as a Calculated Column in Projects table. Or create a calculated column in Projects that is simply:

ProjectFinalLastStatus = [HistoryCompareFinalStatus]

But, your real problem is that you are missing a relationship between Projects table and HistoryCompare so you need to add that based on ProjectUid. Once you do that, this will work as described.

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

hi @Greg_Deckler its almost there but slight issue. Whenever I select a date on the timeline, the current status value also gets changed. But i want the 9th may values for project status to stay fixed even if i select other dates on the timeline. the following image should clarify: 

Untitled.png

Here you can see that the value of the current status column is changing. but the current status is the status for 9th may which should be fixed even if i change date on the timeline. This is the final problem i am facing. Thanks a lot

Super User IV
Super User IV

Try this one:

HistoryCompareFinalFinalLastStatus = MAXX(SUMMARIZE(Project,Project[Name],"Last Date",CALCULATE([HistoryCompareLastDate],ALLEXCEPT(Project,Project[Name])),"Status",CALCULATE([HistoryCompareLastStatusMeasure],ALLEXCEPT(Project,Project[Name]))),[Status])

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Greg_Deckler the issue unfortunately persists. I am afraid, there might not be a proper solution to this

Raw
Frequent Visitor

Can we use local path for images??

Super User IV
Super User IV

Perhaps if you put it in the correct format, "file:///" but that would not work if publishing to the Service. In addition, if you shared the PBIX file with someone, they would have to have access to that file location or have those files in the same spot as you.

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors