cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

Re: Creating Colored Indicators

@Greg_Deckler Herei s my requirement again: I want to find the latest date for each of the project and then based on that find the status of the project on that specific day and have those values fixed 

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

hi @Greg_Deckler, is there any way i can achieve it? I dont seem to have finding a solution. 

Super User IV
Super User IV

I think in order to get you a solution I'm going to need to see the data you are working with.

---------------------------------------

Not the Power BI thought police...

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

hi @Greg_Deckler here is the link. I need to find the project health status for each of the project on 9th may which happens to be the latest date for each of the project. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0XwYvmbIN12REpUVXRGbG1ickU/view?usp=sharing

Super User IV
Super User IV

I believe this:

Latest Status = CALCULATE(TOPN(1,VALUES('ProjectHistory'[ProjectHealth])),FILTER(ALL('ProjectHistory'),[HistoryDate]=MAX([HistoryDate])))

Put that into a table along with your project Name.

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

hi @Greg_Deckler i feel like i am almost there but there is an issue. I am getting green as the project status for all the projects but the status for apparel should be yellow, for protective padding , it should be red. but getting green for all. Can you suggest whats going on here? also i need to use the history compare table. 

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

hi @Greg_Deckler like i mentioned earlier, i want to get the project status for the latest date but i am getting green for all projects for the latest day which is not the correct one. Your expert suggestion regarding the issue will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Super User IV
Super User IV

Sorry, had an errant ALL in there:

Latest Status = CALCULATE(TOPN(1,VALUES('ProjectHistory'[ProjectHealth])),FILTER('ProjectHistory',[HistoryDate]=MAX([HistoryDate])))

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hasan_iba Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Greg_Deckler now i am getting circular dependency error. here is the snap: 

Untitled.png

I am slowly getting there i feel. Need your expert tricks to get me out of this. Thanks a lot again. 

Super User IV
Super User IV

I'm not getting that error and I have both Latest Status and this new status as measures and in the same table visualization along with project Name:

Latest Status History = CALCULATE(TOPN(1,VALUES('HistoryCompare'[ProjectHealth])),FILTER('HistoryCompare',[HistoryDate]=MAX([HistoryDate])))

??

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors