Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Charts per Page per Customer in Paginated Reports

Hi All,

I am just starting out with Paginated reports and PBI Report Builder.

I have a PBI Dataset where I have Sales data per Customer per month. I would like to create a paginted report which is printable and have a chart per unique customer, per page

I would like to know if it is possible to have a chart per page per category. ie.

One Chart per page, filtered per Customer in my Customer Column

Sample Data:

JeremyJansevr_4-1645464217251.png

Page 1:
JeremyJansevr_2-1645463896304.png

Page 2:

JeremyJansevr_3-1645463976926.png

etc.

Thanks in advanced

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
KNP
Super User
Super User

One way to achieve this is to drop the chart into a single cell matrix and control the page breaks with the row group settings. See below gif and attached .RDL file (attached as zip as .rdl extensions aren't allowed to be attached directly).

KNP_0-1645465875668.gif

I hope this helps.

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

View solution in original post

I'm glad that worked @Anonymous. 

It's actually the first time I've opened PBI Report Builder. I haven't done any paginated reports in years, however, it is very familiar to me because, from what I can see at first glance, it is the same as SSRS tools.

So if you want to learn more in this space, I'd recommend basing your searches on SSRS not PBI Report Builder. 

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but the link below might be as good of a starting point as any. 

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/6816/getting-started-with-ssrs/

Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
KIfp67uy-Sr

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KNP
Super User
Super User

One way to achieve this is to drop the chart into a single cell matrix and control the page breaks with the row group settings. See below gif and attached .RDL file (attached as zip as .rdl extensions aren't allowed to be attached directly).

KNP_0-1645465875668.gif

I hope this helps.

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is Brilliant! Thanks @KNP 

Is there somewhere I can learn more about PBI Report Builder (Except YouTube)? It will give some great expansion to my current reports, and super keen to understand it a bit better.

I'm glad that worked @Anonymous. 

It's actually the first time I've opened PBI Report Builder. I haven't done any paginated reports in years, however, it is very familiar to me because, from what I can see at first glance, it is the same as SSRS tools.

So if you want to learn more in this space, I'd recommend basing your searches on SSRS not PBI Report Builder. 

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but the link below might be as good of a starting point as any. 

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/6816/getting-started-with-ssrs/

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. Much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.