cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benji
Regular Visitor

Creating Case Sensitive Table Relationships

I am having trouble making a relationship between two tables. Due to case insensitivity, powerBI thinks that there are repeat entries on both tables and so it will not create the relationship.  

Specifically, I am using Salesforce.com data and trying to link my accounts table to my opportunities table based on AccountID. It just so happens that several AccountID's are identical except for case; i.e., one account ends in "ef5Hi" and on account ends in "Ef5hi"

Is there a way to get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SqlJason Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Creating Case Sensitive Table Relationships

4 REPLIES 4
greggyb Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

In Power Query you can add an index field to your lookup table, and also merge that index into the fact table.

Memorable Member

benji
Regular Visitor

Do I need to use Power Query to accomplish this or is there a way to do it all within PowerBI?

Memorable Member

You can edit the queries within Power BI and do the same operations (the similar feature in Excel is called Power Query, and is very similar in look and feel).

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors