Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating 100% totals on row and columns for a measure that is a percentage itself

Hello everyone,

I am working on a matrix which contains a measure that's a % calculation using two other measures.

% Funded = DIVIDE([Approved apps],[Total Apps])

I then created a matrix of the [% Funded] based on Purpose( in rows) and CreditLevel (in columns) resuting in below matrix format  (subtotals and grand totals removed):

PurposeSubPrimePrime5Prime6Superprime
Auto5%3.4%8%5%
DebtConsol4.6%4.8%6%10%
HomeImprovement8%3.5%3.8%4.6%
Others9.4%9%3.4%8%

What I am looking for is that the above %s to change such that I have the row total percentage and column total percentage to be 100% each from the above %values. 

I do know if the cell values were numbers ( eg: [Total apps]), I could have used a DAX formula given below for column totals to end up 100%, but its not working for a measure that's a percentage itself:

% of CreditTier on Rows =

DIVIDE (
[Total Apps],
CALCULATE ( [Total Apps], ALLSELECTED( 'Table'[Purpose] ) )
)

Please do let me know if I need to add any more info to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check

% Brand = 
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Sales[Sales] ) )
    / CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Sales[Sales] ),
        ALLEXCEPT ( 'Item','Item'[Brand])
    )*100

Screenshot 2019-09-12 23.43.26.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a report listing invoices with multiple sales. The invoice is listed 3 times and the tax lines are the same so I have a column:

*Duplicated = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Data Set','Data Set'[Invoice #] = EARLIER('Data Set'[Invoice #]))) to count the number of times the invoice is duplicated.
I need to divide the tax by the number of times the invoice is duplicated but I need the total for the 3 lines to equal 100% of the total tax.
In this case the total tax is $5.90 but the equation comes out totaling $5.91 so I need one line $.01 less than the other two to calculate the correct tax.

Any suggestions??
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

The info you gived is not complete, could you please also share measures [Approved apps], [Total Apps]. If possible, please also give the expected output.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

[Approved] := calculate(distinctcount(AppdId),FILTER(distinct(Data[SubmittedDate]),
[SubmittedDate] >= MIN(dCalender[DimDateKey]) && [SubmittedDate] <= MAX(dCalender[DimDateKey]) && [IsApproved] =1))

[Total Apps] := calculate(distinctcount(AppdId),FILTER(distinct(Data[SubmittedDate]),
[SubmittedDate] >= MIN(dCalender[DimDateKey]) && [SubmittedDate] <= MAX(dCalender[DimDateKey])))

Expected output matrix:

PurposeSubPrimePrime5Prime6SuperprimeExpected Total
Auto20%40%32%8%100%
DebtConsol15%35%20%30%100%
HomeImprovement10%30%40%20%100%
Others40%25%30%5%100%

So, if the total count of Funded (since the intial % was for funded) is 100; suppose, 25 of them are Auto ( as purpose), then this 25 is spilt into the four credit levels ( eg: #Subprime - 5, #Prime5 - 10, #Prime6 - 8 and #Superprime: 2, which totals 25). So, the row totals have to end up to 100% ( i.e. Subprime: 5/25 = 20%, Prime5: 10/25 = 40%, Prime6: 8/25 =32%, Superprime: 2/25 =8%).

I hope I was able to explain it. Similarly, I want to do the same at the column level as well.

Check

% Brand = 
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Sales[Sales] ) )
    / CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Sales[Sales] ),
        ALLEXCEPT ( 'Item','Item'[Brand])
    )*100

Screenshot 2019-09-12 23.43.26.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.