Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PTalbott
Frequent Visitor

Created time for records is changing when connected to online sharepoint list

Hello,

I am working with a custom sharepoint list that I have connected to with Power BI Desktop. The connection is fine and the data is loading into the table. However, the created column is changing the time of day of the record from what is listed in the sharepoint list. For example, a record that was created at 8:00 AM is showing as 1:00 PM in Power BI. 

I have confirmed that the data is storing correctly in the sharepoint list by exporting it to excel. Included below are two screen shots. One from excel showing the created date and time as well as the ID number of the record, the second is a screenshot of the data from PowerBI. Same records, same ID numbers, but different times of day listed in the created field.

Excel.JPGPowerBI.JPG

I searched for any similar posts but couldn't find any.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

PTalbott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PTalbott,

This might be caused by UTC time zone. You may refer to the following thread to add a new column.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dashboard-date-not-reverting-from-IST-to-PST/m-p/341337

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PTalbott,

This might be caused by UTC time zone. You may refer to the following thread to add a new column.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dashboard-date-not-reverting-from-IST-to-PST/m-p/341337

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.