Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

catsy
Regular Visitor

Create table with columns that can be selected by users

Hello,

I have a table filled with text information which has about 20 columns. Is there a way that users can dynamically select the column in the table that they want anytime without editing the report?

let's say we have a table with columns A to T and one user wants that the table only shows columns B, E, F and another one wants to see column S only etc. Appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@catsy,

This video demonstrates a technique to select the desired column(s) to display. The concept is to create a slicer based on the column that is used in the matrix columns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeSIRpjv0M

If this is not what you're looking for, please provide sample data and the desired output.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @catsy,

You can do unpivot columns on your table value fields to convert them to attribute and values, then you can use filter to control which files displayed:

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 

In addition, you can also take a look at the following link about dynamic attribute filter:

Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@catsy,

This video demonstrates a technique to select the desired column(s) to display. The concept is to create a slicer based on the column that is used in the matrix columns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeSIRpjv0M

If this is not what you're looking for, please provide sample data and the desired output.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

this is exactly what I was looking for 🙂 thank you @DataInsights !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.