Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Create table in PBI with a lot of data

Hello tod@s,

my query is as follows, I want to create a table in power bi and copy in it the data I have in an excel.

I created that table with the columns corresponding to the same ones I have in excel, then I copied and pasted the excel data into this new table in Power BI.

my problem is that I have 200,000 lines in EXCEL that I want to paste, the PBI tells me that I can only paste 3000 cells at a time, so I have to manually repeat COPY / PASTE many times until I complete the PASTE of all the data.

1- Can you think of any way to paste this data in one go in PBI?

2- is there any way to for example, link the excel table to the GDP and then dump it into my new table created in PBI?

3- Is there a way to convert a linked table to a local table in PBI?

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5
tormi
Helper I
Helper I

Found this answer somewhere else: When you open Query Editor in power bi desktop, select the table that you do not want to refresh, right click it and disable Include in report refresh (it is active by default), close and apply Query Editor and the table will not refresh when the report is refreshed.image.png

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi 

Maybe you could try to import data to sql:

https://solutioncenter.apexsql.com/how-to-import-data-in-sql-database-from-excel/ 

And when you import data from excel,you also still could connect to sql.

Best Regards

Lucien

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin Question, why are you not just importing the data from Excel into Power BI?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

it is because it is a statistical table whose data does not change so I do not need to synchronize it frequently, I need to cross it with other SQL tables.

any idea to import it easily?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.