Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create slicer to illustrate outcome on reduction targets

Hi All,

For a project I am currently working on I would like to show the impact of reduction in % terms on 3 different columns.

The Idea is to show the impact by reducing 1 or more of the columns by a certain %. However I can't think of a way to make this without creating a lot of different measures.

Ideally I would have a slicer where % can be sliced, or the option to chose between 3 different reduction targets (e.g. 2%, 5%, 10%).

And also their combined impact on a final outcome (which is a sum of the three).

Please help me with tips & tricks to accomplish this goal.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for @vik0810  providing a solution, following are addition information and sample pbix file.

Create three parameters and change their type to percentage

28.PNG

29.PNG

Then create the measure based on your measure, here is example

Reduce By Target 1 = SUM('Table'[Value]) * (1 - 'ReduceTarget1'[ReduceTarget1 Value])
Reduce By Target All = SUM('Table'[Value]) * (1 - ('ReduceTarget1'[ReduceTarget1 Value]+'ReduceTarget2'[ReduceTarget2 Value]+'ReduceTarget3'[ReduceTarget3 Value]))

30.PNG

If it doesn't meet your requirement, Please show the exact expected result based on Above Tables.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for @vik0810  providing a solution, following are addition information and sample pbix file.

Create three parameters and change their type to percentage

28.PNG

29.PNG

Then create the measure based on your measure, here is example

Reduce By Target 1 = SUM('Table'[Value]) * (1 - 'ReduceTarget1'[ReduceTarget1 Value])
Reduce By Target All = SUM('Table'[Value]) * (1 - ('ReduceTarget1'[ReduceTarget1 Value]+'ReduceTarget2'[ReduceTarget2 Value]+'ReduceTarget3'[ReduceTarget3 Value]))

30.PNG

If it doesn't meet your requirement, Please show the exact expected result based on Above Tables.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

vik0810
Resolver V
Resolver V

Waht you need is a "what if parameter", it is located on the modelling tab. Place it on your report, with minimum 0, maximum 0.25 (for 25%), step 0.01 and standard value 0. It creates a slicer, a table (format table column as percent) and a measure with selected value. You can use this measure in your final outcome calculation, something like that

Final Outcome = [Your calculation] * (1 - [Selected discount])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.