Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

datanau001
Helper III
Helper III

Create segment from a count measure

Dear all,

I’d like to ask your help with the following:

“Times accepted” is a measure that I created to count how many times an SR_Number was accepted.

PB_Table.jpg

So for each SR_Number I know the times it has been handled and now I want to segment this measure like:

Times accepted = 1

Times accepted = 5

Times accepted > 12 and so on… ( there could be several segments )

However, I’m not sure how to create the segmentation based on this measure (count).

Would you please suggest how I can achieve this?

Thank you

Marcelo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @datanau001 ,

This is a post I replied to earlier, which is very similar to your issue.
My solution is to create a separate table of measure categories, and then create a new measure, the previous measure will be embedded in the new measure.

Screenshot 2021-04-05 163844.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @datanau001 ,

This is a post I replied to earlier, which is very similar to your issue.
My solution is to create a separate table of measure categories, and then create a new measure, the previous measure will be embedded in the new measure.

Screenshot 2021-04-05 163844.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Amitchandak,

I was looking into your previous information but couldn't relate it to my case. This is because, for some of the solutions, I need a specific column that I don't have in my dataset.

My measure "Times accepted" is based on counting the status ="Accepted" which gives the result per each SR_Number.

See below:

PB_Table_2.jpg

So my next step would be trying to create a column that would be based on this "time accepted" measure and show it segmented.

In this case, the segment would be called "Accepted Times = 5"

Regards

Marcelo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.