Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create rows for every date in date-range

Hello all

I have a table with a "from" and a "till" date. I need to generate a row for each date in that range, i think ive done this before but cant figure out how i did it.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Add a custom column in Query Editor mode.

=List.Dates([From], Number.From([Till]-[From])+1, #duration(1, 0, 0, 0))

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Add a custom column in Query Editor mode.

=List.Dates([From], Number.From([Till]-[From])+1, #duration(1, 0, 0, 0))

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft ,

Lets say for some rows i have from from and till date same, like from = "25/05/2022" and till = "25/05/2022". will it create only 1 row or multiple rows?

because i have a scenario where in i have some cases with from and till date as same data and other cases with different dates.

This may give you some ideas that you can adapt. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/expanding-rows-using-power-query/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MattAllington 

Ill take a look into it, thank you!

Just to add infos, every record/row in this table does have a from and till column. So the dates are not spreaded in the whole table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.