Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yasmin1
Frequent Visitor

Create report with Excel Add-in file as a source

Hi All,

I have created reports using Sql Server which is in Client Environment. Our clients will use Excel add-in file as a source to create reports.So naturally after selecting the particular fields in excel add in file we will get sql query  in the end, We will use the sql query and create reports.
So how can we create  PowerBI reports with Live data?
Please suggest 
Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Yasmin1,

If you mean get live data from sql server, I'd like to suggest you direct use power bi sql connector to get data. It support import and directquery mode to get data.

If you mean excel workbook contents, you can use import feature to direct load excel workbook contents to power bi.

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop

BTW, if your data is from third party excel add-in, I don't think it is possible to load live data on service side through that add-in.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Yasmin1,

If you mean get live data from sql server, I'd like to suggest you direct use power bi sql connector to get data. It support import and directquery mode to get data.

If you mean excel workbook contents, you can use import feature to direct load excel workbook contents to power bi.

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop

BTW, if your data is from third party excel add-in, I don't think it is possible to load live data on service side through that add-in.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks
This solution helps me 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.