Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ice1341
Helper I
Helper I

Create report from from two tables

I want to create a report that will show gross sales (budget) vs. actual sales. For some reason, the report generated repeats actual sales data every month. Here's my dummy sample report. I'm also new to Power BI. 

Capture.PNG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ice1341 Seems like there is no relationshipt built between the two tables.

And looking at the samlple data, Cust Code from Sales Budget should be joined with JF Code in Sales Invoice data which should resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a calendar Table and join dates from both table 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, build relationships of both the tables from Calendar table and in your chart you can just used the date fied from Calendar table.

7 REPLIES 7
Ice1341
Helper I
Helper I

I found a workaround that filtered dates into my report correctly. Thanks everyone for your help! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, build relationships of both the tables from Calendar table and in your chart you can just used the date fied from Calendar table.

I can only create a relationship with sales budget dates, I get the error: the sales order table can't create a direct active relationship...I have to deactivate the relationship between the sales budget and the date table. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ice1341 Seems like there is no relationshipt built between the two tables.

And looking at the samlple data, Cust Code from Sales Budget should be joined with JF Code in Sales Invoice data which should resolve the issue.

Yes, I created a relationship based on the customer code, but I want to view data by month. If I use the date in the sales budget table - gross sales appear correctly by month, but sales orders repeats every month. How can I combine dates from each table to use in the report? See screenshot, Gross Sales Correct, but actual sales repeat every month when it should just appear for Jan Sales.
InkedCapture1_LI.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a calendar Table and join dates from both table 

I can only create a relationship with sales budget dates, the sales order table is saying I can't create a direct active relationship...I have to deactivate the relationship between the sales budget and the date table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.