Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create relationships between multiple data sources

Hi all,

I'm a new user in power bi and have, what I suppose to be, an easy-solved problem. I currently have four different data sources (country A, B,C,D) imported from excel. The four excel sheets have an identical layout, thus having the same columns but different data inputs for "sales", "expenses" etc. All of them are however inlcuding the same values for year, period and date.

I want to combine these into the same report and further create a slicer where I can choose to between each country and its data.

Would really appricate some help, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

I would combine all tables into one. You can do that through Power Query Editor --> Home --> Append Queries --> Append Queries as new

Before combining them make sure you add another column to each table and give them a specific name so as to distiguish its values from the other tables.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

I would combine all tables into one. You can do that through Power Query Editor --> Home --> Append Queries --> Append Queries as new

Before combining them make sure you add another column to each table and give them a specific name so as to distiguish its values from the other tables.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.