Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create relation between calender and what if parameters

Hello!

I want to create one "what if parameter" per month so I can adjust scenorios each month separately. But I do not find a good way to create a relationship between each parameter and the calendar table, ex parameter for april linked to month column in calender table.  

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Zoe!

I´ll try to explain my issue a little bit more. 

I have a budget for sales for the remaining months of the year, October-December. For each month I want to be able to adjust sales using a what if parameter. I have created a what if parameter for each month and now want to create a relationship between the parameter and the calendar table, on the month column. So if I want to turn up the turnover for October I adjust the what if parameter for October, then I want to turn down the turnover for December, I adjust the what if parameter for December. This to create a forecast for the coming month. The problem is that I do not manage to get a working relation between each what if parameter for each month with the calendar table.

Hope this help to get a understanding o for my issues. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved it with a measure instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Marten,

If you want to use specific value to filter corrresponding value, you could create relationship below slicer table and fact table, then use specific field from slicer table in Slicer, then you will get the corresponding value. You could refer to Slicers in Power BI  for details.

By the way, if possible, could you please inform me your detailed requirement? Then I will help you more correctly.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Zoe!

I´ll try to explain my issue a little bit more. 

I have a budget for sales for the remaining months of the year, October-December. For each month I want to be able to adjust sales using a what if parameter. I have created a what if parameter for each month and now want to create a relationship between the parameter and the calendar table, on the month column. So if I want to turn up the turnover for October I adjust the what if parameter for October, then I want to turn down the turnover for December, I adjust the what if parameter for December. This to create a forecast for the coming month. The problem is that I do not manage to get a working relation between each what if parameter for each month with the calendar table.

Hope this help to get a understanding o for my issues. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved it with a measure instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.