Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

metallicm2018
Regular Visitor

Create, populate and filter a template in Power BI

Hello all,

For my use case, I would like to recreate this template (if exporting isn't possible) in Power BI where dates can be filtered accordingly to a desired time period (filter for years other than 2017 and filter for companies other than XYZ Company). In addition, I would like to run SQL queries in Power BI where the results will automatically populate this predefined template. I am attaching an Excel mockup which I would like to see made in Power BI to populate with data. I appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks again!

template.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-fengyz-msft
Helper I
Helper I

@metalicm2018,

So, is the XYZ a table name and each table has same column to store the date time?

If so, it’s possible in Power BI Desktop. Typically, you are looking for Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates

Basically, you need to parameterize query so you can change the company dynamically based on the value of parameter when open  the template, and then add another parameter to filter data.

Please refer to below similar discussions:

Pass parameter to SQL Queries statement using Power BI

Power BI Desktop Query Parameters, Part 1

Check if you need more help.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.