Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MaxSchrijen23
Helper I
Helper I

Create overarching filter

I want to create a that filters on two columns, containing the same data, at the same time.

The table I have contains three columns, a projectName, a column containing team 1 that is attached to the project and a column team 2 that contains the second team which is attached to the project. These teams are attached via the persons working on the project, so it can be the case that the teamname in columns "Team1" and "Team2" are the same if the two persons in the project are part of the same team. 

Can I then in some way create a filter, or add a column which allows me to filter on columns "Team1" and "Team2" at the same time? Such that I can check if there are project which have the same team attached twice.

Kind regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

I can think of two separate approaches to this.

1. Unpivot the Team1 and Team2 columns so that you can create a relationship with both teams on the same column.
  2. If you're just checking data, then adding a calculated column to check if [Team1] = [Team2] will help you quickly find such instances.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

I can think of two separate approaches to this.

1. Unpivot the Team1 and Team2 columns so that you can create a relationship with both teams on the same column.
  2. If you're just checking data, then adding a calculated column to check if [Team1] = [Team2] will help you quickly find such instances.

Thanks for your reply, it worked!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you please provide some data or dummy data?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.