Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JHF
Frequent Visitor

Create new table with measures based on row

Hi

Trying to create a new table based on the imported data. Inthe new table I want to create 4 calc columns based on the row content.

I have value column but want to create 4 calc columns based on Estimate and PnL Line.

How do I do that? I am also open for editing in the query editor

pivot data.PNG Example attached:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JHF
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have solved it. The best/easiest/quickest way was to use the "conditional column" function in Query Editor.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aldredd
Advocate I
Advocate I

Another option is to create a new virtual table with aggregation

AggregatedPayments = SUMMARIZE (CALCULATETABLE ('Payments',Payments[TransactionReference] <> ""),
'Payments'[TransactionReference],"TotalPaidToInvoice",SUM ( 'Payments'[AllocationAmount] ))

In my example, I wanted a table showing sum of payments per Transaction, but only where the transaction reference was not blank

This can be broken into two steps...

CALCULATETABLE ('Payments',Payments[TransactionReference] <> "")

This creates a dataset based on the Payments table, filtering out blank references

the table is the the input for a SUMMARIZE function, which performs this aggregation

SUMMARIZE ([Result of CALCULATETABLE],
'Payments'[TransactionReference],"TotalPaidToInvoice",SUM ( 'Payments'[AllocationAmount] ))

This gives me the reference, and the sum of 'Allocation', calling the new field 'Total Paid To Invoice'

This then appears as a new dataset for me to work with (and can create new relationships based on it)

JHF
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have solved it. The best/easiest/quickest way was to use the "conditional column" function in Query Editor.Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.