Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create new row referring existing column in table

Hi, 

I'm just new to this forum and striving to achieve as below in Power Query only which fit to my requirement:

Capture.JPG

If the value in the Column-4 is greater then 0 then,

1. new row should copy paste referring above record

2. copied row should not copy the data containing in column 3

Appreciate your kind help.

Regards,

Arjun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Phil_Seamark,

My apology as I can't share the information. However, will try to present my requirement more precise:

I've 8 sheets in 1 workbook and have combined 8 in 1 using power query "Amend Queries" as depicted below:

Input.JPG

Here's output I need in my sheet:

Criteria: 

1. If an emp has leaves (Column-Leaves) it should include that hours in "Unbilled Hrs" column for that respective emp only or

2. If an emp has leaves (Column-Leaves) but don't have any "Unbilled Hrs" then new row should be created for that respective emp only and that leave hours should be shown in Total Hours with status as "Unbilled" in  Status Column (Yellow Color highlighted for your refer).

Example:  for Emp 4 - there is no Unbilled hrs but has leaves then, new row need to be created to respective emp for leaves and status should be Unbilled.

Output:

Output.JPG

Hope this sufice you, please let me know how do i achieve this.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Arjun

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

If you create a copy of your table, tidy up the columns then append it back on you should get what you need.

I have attached a PBIX file that has the workings for you.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick response @Phil_Seamark. However, I'm trying to acheive same in Power Query not in PBI. 

Would appreciate if you can help on Power Query as well.

Regards,

Arjun

Hi @Anonymous

The file I attached to the post was using Power Query for the transformations.  Did you download the file?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Phil_Seamark

Yes, I've downloaded the file which was in PBI format and tried the same as No of rows in my sheet are 1500. The output is appearing :

1. Column1 - Yellow color highlited are not been filled as I've used even Fill down option, but didn't worked out.

2. Even for if column4 value is less then 0 it is copied, which was not supposed to be.

Output1.JPG

Regards,

Arjun

HI @Anonymous

You shouldn't need to use the FILL function.

Any chance you can share your PBIX file?  You can send me a link to it via private message if you prefer.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Phil_Seamark,

My apology as I can't share the information. However, will try to present my requirement more precise:

I've 8 sheets in 1 workbook and have combined 8 in 1 using power query "Amend Queries" as depicted below:

Input.JPG

Here's output I need in my sheet:

Criteria: 

1. If an emp has leaves (Column-Leaves) it should include that hours in "Unbilled Hrs" column for that respective emp only or

2. If an emp has leaves (Column-Leaves) but don't have any "Unbilled Hrs" then new row should be created for that respective emp only and that leave hours should be shown in Total Hours with status as "Unbilled" in  Status Column (Yellow Color highlighted for your refer).

Example:  for Emp 4 - there is no Unbilled hrs but has leaves then, new row need to be created to respective emp for leaves and status should be Unbilled.

Output:

Output.JPG

Hope this sufice you, please let me know how do i achieve this.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Arjun

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.