Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Justair07
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create multiple relationships from Date table to multple tables

Hello,

I have a Date table that I use to filter and toggle between selected dates. I also have a table of the data tha I display, 2019ScrapData. 2019ScrapData has a Date column that I relate back to my Date table. Easy. Now I have another table called qryCellGoals. This also has a date column. I want to relate the qryCellGoals date column to my Date table so the qryCellGoals changes in sync with the 2019ScrapData when a specific date range is selected. Here is the error I'm getting. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

error.JPG

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Justair07 you have multiple things going on, many to many relationship (* on both side of the relaionship) and also showing two arrows in the relationship diagram shows if cross filter is "both" or not. You want to avoid cross filter to both for performance.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Justair07 seems like you have cross filter set to both for one relationship. Can you share relationship diagram?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k here is the diagram. Not sure what a cross filter is. Thank you for your reply.

dia.JPG

@Justair07 you have multiple things going on, many to many relationship (* on both side of the relaionship) and also showing two arrows in the relationship diagram shows if cross filter is "both" or not. You want to avoid cross filter to both for performance.

Thank you so much! I was beating my head on this. When do I want to use a cross filter? It seems like a bad idea.

@Justair07 here is a link and you can download the whitepaper

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.