Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create measure with calculation based on Date selected in Slicer

Hi together,

I am new to Power BI and struggling with the following problem:

I want to create a measure which tells me the average amount of cartons picked per labour day based on the selected month in the slicer, right now I am dividing the month selected with 20 labour days:

cartonbymonth = SUM('table'[Totalcartonamount])/20

My problem is when I pick two,three month, a year etc.. the data is still devide by 20. Which results in a false average per Day.
Is there a possibility to detect how many month are selected in the slicer and for each month that is selected devide with 20 days more.

Any solutions on how to fix it? Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OdetaJ
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous,

Since you didn't show the desired result, I'm guessing that you wanted something like this:

OdetaJ_0-1669201338536.png

For example, I selected 3 months, and for the last measure, I used the formula (created a measure):

Avg. Sales by Selected Months = DIVIDE( [Total Sales], 20 * [# Selected Months] )

Where another measure is:

# Selected Months = DISTINCTCOUNT( 'Date'[Month] )
Here, 'Date'[Month] is month numbers as shown in the slicer above.

In your case, measure [Total Sales] would be [Total Carton Amount] = SUM( 'table'[Totalcartonamount] )
Of course, I would suggest automatically calculating labour days in selected months to have accurate numbers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OdetaJ
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous,

Since you didn't show the desired result, I'm guessing that you wanted something like this:

OdetaJ_0-1669201338536.png

For example, I selected 3 months, and for the last measure, I used the formula (created a measure):

Avg. Sales by Selected Months = DIVIDE( [Total Sales], 20 * [# Selected Months] )

Where another measure is:

# Selected Months = DISTINCTCOUNT( 'Date'[Month] )
Here, 'Date'[Month] is month numbers as shown in the slicer above.

In your case, measure [Total Sales] would be [Total Carton Amount] = SUM( 'table'[Totalcartonamount] )
Of course, I would suggest automatically calculating labour days in selected months to have accurate numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you it worked out !

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

Hello

Try this > 

Measure =
Var ValueSelected = COUNTROWS(VALUES(DIM_Date[Date].[Month]))

Return IF(ValueSelected = 1 , SUM('table'[Totalcartonamount])/20, SUM('table'[Totalcartonamount])/20 * ValueSelected

Dont forget to do the necessary changes
Please dont forget to accept this as a solution if it helped 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.