Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mitchy-06
Regular Visitor

Create measure which Counts total of top 10 most frequent events

I am attempting to create metrics around our alarm system from a database which contains all of our alarm records. The measure I need tells us the percentage of the total alarm count which is made up by the top 10 alarms. I have a meeasure for total alarms, but am struggline to create a measure to calculate the total count of alarms contributed to by the top 10. The measure also needs to be able to be filtered by dynamically by a data range.

This is what the data looks like. Any help would be appreciated.

Alarm Data.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-lili6-msftI was able to do this using part of your suggestion. I created the following measure which created the overall percentage.

%ofFullTotal = divide([TagCount],calculate([TagCount],All(Alarms[Tag])))

I then added this measure to a card, and filtered it by the topn tags by %ofFullTotal Measure

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @mitchy-06 

First you need to use "ALL" Function to create a frequent percentage measure for each events.

Then use RANKX Function to create a rank measure based on the frequent percentage measure.

Last, you could use visual level filter to filter rank equal and less than 10.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msftI was able to do this using part of your suggestion. I created the following measure which created the overall percentage.

%ofFullTotal = divide([TagCount],calculate([TagCount],All(Alarms[Tag])))

I then added this measure to a card, and filtered it by the topn tags by %ofFullTotal Measure

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.