Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create measure rolling sum until certain date

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a debtor's dashboard. Within this dashboard, I want to graphically show the debtors' overdue balance over a certain time. I am able to create whether the payment is overdue or not. However, I can't find a solution to transform this into a graph. 

Underneath is a snapshot of the table. From this table, I would like to show what the total balance of overdue invoices is until the payment is fulfilled. For instance: an invoice of $ 1,000 is due on 22-6-2021 but is paid on 30-6-2021, in that case, I would like to have the overdue balance be increased by $ 1,000 only for the period 23-6-2021 to 29-6-2021. Anyone who can help me with this?

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-29 173516.png

2 REPLIES 2
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous  - take a look at this article from the guys at SQLBI and see if it helps. Once you have the proper measure created you can easily turn that into a line graph.

Cumulative Total 

Hope this helps,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David. Thank you for your reply. However, this didn't do the work for me. I created a dummy column that calculated whether the payment was past the due date. This dummy gave me the possibility to filter out the payments that were within the payment term. Thereafter, I created a cumulative formula that calculated the balance and payments separately to eventually get the open balance past the due date. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.