cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CloserMKD Visitor
Visitor

Create measure from original source, regardless of slicer choices

I have a source table that is filtered by a time slicer.

What I what to know is whether it's possible to create a measure that uses data from that source table, but not filtered by the slicer (i.e. to be like the original source). So, I need some of the measures to use the filtered source, and some of them not to depend on the slicer selection.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Create measure from original source, regardless of slicer choices

Hi @CloserMKD,

According to your description, you should be able to create the measure using ALL Function (DAX) which removes all filters from the specified table.

In effect, ALL(Table) returns all of the values in the table, removing any filters from the context that otherwise might have been applied. For more details about ALL function, please refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @CloserMKD

Please share some data and actual output expected.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @CloserMKD,

According to your description, you should be able to create the measure using ALL Function (DAX) which removes all filters from the specified table.

In effect, ALL(Table) returns all of the values in the table, removing any filters from the context that otherwise might have been applied. For more details about ALL function, please refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards